Workshop will demonstrate the steps involved in setting up your business network on Hyperledger Fabric using Kubernetes APIs on IBM Cloud Container Service. Hosting the Hyperledger Fabric network on IBM Cloud provides you many benefits like multiple users can work on the same setup, the setup can be used for different blockchain applications, the setup can be reused and so on. The session will be conducted by Developer Advocates from IBM.
Note: Blockchain network setup on Kubernetes is good to use for demo scenarios but for production, it is recommended to use IBM Blockchain as a service hosted on IBM Cloud.
Pre-requisites to attend the workshop
IBM Cloud Account (Lite account which is lifetime free)-
Plugin Installation: https://ibm.biz/BdYTwd
- Install IBM Cloud CLI. The prefix for running commands by using the Bluemix CLI is bx.
- Install Kubernetes CLI. The prefix for running commands by using the Kubernetes CLI is kubectl.
- Install the container service plugin using the following command.bx plugin install container-service -r Bluemix
Raghavendra Deshpande- Developer Advocate, IBM
Mangesh Patankar- Developer Advocate, IBM
What will be covered in the workshop?
Create a Kubernetes Cluster on IBM Cloud
- Setting up CLIs
- Gain access to your Kubernetes Cluster
- Deploy Hyperledger Fabric Network into Kubernetes Cluster
- Test the deployed network
- View the Kubernetes Dashboard
- Connect the network using client SDK
After attending the workshop you will learn how to:
- Launch a basic IBM Blockchain network on the IBM Container Service
- Interacting with your Blockchain